Next Generation Science
- a situation that people want to change or create can be approached as a problem to be solved through engineering.
- Asking questions, making observations, and gathering information are helpful in thinking about problems
- Before beginning to design a solution, it is important to clearly understand the problem.
Developing Possible Solutions:
- Designs can be conveyed through sketches, drawings, or physical models. These representations are useful in communicating ideas for a problem's solutions to other people.
Optimizing the design solution:
- There is always more than one possible solution to a problem. It is useful to compare and test designs